YI 1080p Home Camera is a full HD camera with f/2.0 aperture and 112° wide-angle lens. The camera works seamlessly in both day and night. It also has a double-tap feature using which you can zoom and capture the smallest details. The camera can zoom upto 4 times. The YI camera comes with 8 individual 940nm infrared LEDs which helps in capturing shots taken at night. It has a video resolution of 1920 x 1080@20fps. The YI camera is compatible with a 2.4 Ghz network connection. It does not work a 5 Ghz Wi-Fi connection. The camera can work both inside and outside the house. It can operate in temperatures ranging from -10°C to 45°C. Here is YI 1080p Home Camera Setup is available below.
The YI 1080p Home Camera also has a motion and sound detector. You can turn on notifications as per your requirement and the camera will instantly send you notifications. So if your baby is crying or moving around, you will be notified. The YI 1080p also comes with a YI Home app. So no matter where you are in the world, you can easily monitor your house. Any unusual sound or movement that is detected will be sent to your phone. If you are on holiday, have a babysitter or anything else, you can easily take a look at your house from anywhere. The camera is also compatible with Alexa.
So you can turn it on, watch the live feed and more simply via voice commands. In case you need to call emergency services, the YI camera can do that for you at the tap of a button. The service is available 24×7.
YI 1080p Home Camera setup
- First, you need to install the YI Home App on your phone and turn on your camera. Now your YI 1080p Home Camera Setup is start.
- Next, keep the camera close to your Wi-FI router. Now, connect the micro USB port of the camera to a power outlet via the given cable.
- On the front of the camera, a yellow light will start blinking in a few seconds. If it doesn’t blink, press the reset button for atleast 8 seconds. The light should start blinking now.
- Now open the YI Home app on your phone and connect the camera using the app instructions.
- Switch the Wi-Fi networks and the YI camera is configured. Now your YI 1080p Home Camera Setup is complete.
YI 1080p Camera login via App
- Open the YI Home App to login to your account.
- If you have not added your camera, click on ‘+’ icon.
- A Select Device option will appear, select your camera or scan its QR code and proceed.
- In 20 seconds, you will hear a voice prompt “Waiting to Connect”. If you hear the prompt, click on I heard “Waiting to connect” at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you will need to connect to your Wi-Fi.
- Click on Next. The camera will now pair to the app within 1-2 minutes.
- You can create a name for your camera now.
- Next, it will ask you if you would like to Activate YI Cloud service.
- Now, you can simply login to your YI Home app anytime and monitor your camera.
YI 1080p Home Camera login via a web browser yitechnology.com
You can access your YI 1080p Home Camera via the YI Home Portal for PC and MAC. You can download the software from http://www.yitechnology.com and access the live view of the camera. It supports upto 9 cameras in one stream. To login to the software, you need to use the same email and password you used to sign up on your mobile YI app. Once you sign in, the interface will show you a list of your cameras. Double click on any camera to access its live feed. In the grid, you can add upto 4 cameras to see a live preview of all four cameras simultaneously.
Yi 1080p camera firmware update
Update via the app
- To update the firmware via the app, first, make sure you are using the latest version of the app.
- Now insert a microSD card to the camera and connect it to the app.
- The app will automatically detect the firmware update, download it and update the camera.
Update via PC
- Download the firmware update into your MicroSD card and put it in its root directory. Rename your file as firmware.bin
- Now insert the card into your camera.
- Turn on the camera by plugging it into a power source.
- A firmware update notice will appear on the PC screen.
- Press the fourth button of Power and Setting to update.
- Wait for around 5 minutes, the camera will restart once the update is successful.
Recommended SD cards for YI home camera
According to the official YI statement, you should use SD cards that are Class10, FAT32 file format. These SD cards should have a storage capacity between 8GB to 64GB. For good quality recording and experience, you should use SD cards from SanDisk, Samsung, and other major labels and trusted SD card companies.
How do I set activity alerts for the YI camera?
The YI Camera comes with two types of activity alerts:
An alert message comes with the camera name, date and time of the activity.
An alert video includes the alert message along with a 6 seconds video. This video is automatically recorded after a motion is detected. To set the activity alerts for the camera, you need to open the YI Home App and go to the activity alerts section. In this section, you can turn on the alerts and set your preferences. The app allows you to select different sensitivity levels to avoid false alerts.