Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack)
Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) is wireless, one-of-a-kind security camera. It is a certified waterproof camera that features a 2- way audio, and starlight night vision. You can power it up by a Battery as well as solar power, as per your convenience. Unlike your usual security cameras, the Reolink Argus Eco can be easily set up and is extremely user-friendly which makes it perfect for people with lesser technical knowledge as well. The Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) enables you to view your surroundings with clarity and if you set your motion detector’s setting to mid or low, you are free from the worries of a false alarm. One of the perks of purchasing this camera is that it has product-specific skin suits, which camouflages the camera if you want it to blend in with the surroundings and also gives the camera an attractive outlook.
Here are some of the top features of Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) to consider, if you are opting to purchase a security camera for your house—
- Wireless: With Reolink Argus Eco, you do not need to hassle with the wires which makes it extremely easy to set up and install.
- Ease of Use: You can set up this security camera within a matter of 5 minutes! It won’t take you any longer than that and it is also very easy to use.
- Waterproof: This security camera is made waterproof so that you do not have to worry if it rains.
- 1080p Full HD Clarity Video: You can be sure that it will always capture the surroundings in an extremely good quality mode so that you can view it with ease.
- 1300 Viewing Angle: Having this wide angular view allows you to be able to cover a lot of areas and also see more.
Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) Setup
The setup and installation of the Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) is extremely easy and convenient. Here are the basic steps you have to follow after you download the latest version of the Reolink app from the app store—
- Open the Reolink app and switch on the camera.
- Once the Reolink camera switches on, you will need to scan the UID of the Reolink app through the camera.
- After the last step is completed, you will hear a continuous dinging sound which means that your camera and app has been connected.
- The Reolink app will then tell you to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Enter the credentials of your Wi-Fi and you will be able to access the camera through the app once the next step is completed.
- Add a password and a name for your camera as directed by the app.
- Click on “Use Now” and you will be able to see the view from your camera in your Reolink app.
The setup is complete and you will be able to access your camera through your Reolink app successfully now.
Reolink Argus Eco Installation
The installation of the Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) is a very easy step which does not require any special technical skills what so ever. This makes it popular amongst people who want to install their security cameras on their own.
- The process of installation includes assembling and mounting the camera in a place where you want it to be.
- Now, the camera comes with a tripod mount that can either be screwed in or can be strapped (straps are also included with the camera) and once you complete doing either of these, your camera is ready and you’ll be able to monitor conveniently with its 1300 wide-angle view.
Note – The only consideration needed while installing this camera is finding a spot that works well during the night time. Otherwise, you can strap- in or screw your camera to any surface and it is good to go!
What are some of the additional features of Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack)?
The Reolink Argus Eco 2 Pack is more than a wireless, water-proof camera with a 1300 Viewing angle. Here are some of the many features of this camera that makes it worth the buy:
This security camera comes with a built-in mic and speaker so that you can listen to and also talk back to the people outside your door – all without moving an inch!
Starlight Night Vision:
This feature allows the camera to capture high-quality video with a range of up to 33 feet. This will ensure that you have a good quality recording, even during the night to ensure your security at all times.
Notification of Low Battery:
Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) sends you notifications when your battery is low so that you never miss out on anything.
Motion Detection Record:
If you want to store all recordings of the camera, you can insert an SD card into your Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack). This will ensure that all the movements are saved locally on the SD card and can be referred to in the future if needed.
You get alerts through push notifications, sirens, and also emails if there is something fishy happening around the area. It will alert you and also prepare you for times that can be of distress.
Digital Motion Sensor:
Its rate of sending you false alarms is almost negligible and it has very acute sensors so that it can capture every single movement that occurs in the surroundings of the camera.
Live View Anywhere- Anytime:
You can get the live view of your security camera’s recording simply by logging into your Reolink app through the phone or PC, regardless of the location that you are in. This will help you keep a track of the live situation in the surroundings of where you have placed your security camera.
What are the additional tips that must be followed while installing the Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack)?
Make sure to install the camera at least 2 to 3 meters above the ground so that the PIR motion sensors work with accuracy and precision. This will ensure that you get perfect notifications of when people approach your front door or your porch.
Also, for improving the quality of motion detection, you need to install the camera angularly rather than straight.
What is the maximum time the battery lasts?
The security camera is equipped with a 5200 mAh Lithium battery that is rechargeable. The battery usually lasts between 1 – 4 weeks depending on the temperature, your usage, and also the settings. The camera sends low battery notification once the battery hits 10%.
Alternatively, you can install Reolink solar panel. This will ensure that you have 24/7 power and that your battery never dies.
How to extend the battery life of Roelink Argus Eco (2 Pack)?
The battery of your Roelink Argus Eco usually lasts between 1 – 4 weeks depending on your usage but if you want to extend the battery life, here are some of the steps in which you can do that—
- Avoid installing the camera so that it faces bright objects. This reduces the life of the battery drastically.
- Avoid installing the security camera with it facing a place where there are frequent moving vehicles.
- Keep the camera away from too cold or too hot environments.
- Keep the camera away from various kinds of outlets like humidifier outlet, air conditioner outlet, etc.
- When you are setting the “alarm” notification in your Reolink app, ensure that it is set to “mid” or “low.” This ensures that the false alarm notification is negligible which will improve the battery life of your camera greatly.
- Install your security camera in places where there is proper lighting. This way, your camera doesn’t have to focus more to capture the surroundings, and hence, the battery life will also be extended.
- Avoid keeping your security camera in places where there is low Wi-Fi. This will only cause the battery to drain out sooner and the battery life to deplete faster.
What can be the maximum distance between the camera and the router?
The maximum distance that the signal can reach, in an open area, without any sort of disturbance from other Wi-Fi signals is 80 meters.
However, since that is not always the case, it is found that the maximum distance that the signal reaches is 20 meters, with obstacles in the path.
This distance can be increased by adding a Wi-Fi extender in the middle if you feel that there is a need for it.
What is a PIR sensor?
The Passive Infra-Red sensor (PIR) sensor is a sensor that is used to detect motion which means that it receives and detects infrared radiations from the surroundings. The Roelink Argus Eco security camera gives you alerts when there is a difference in the infrared radiation.
PIR sensors are more sensitive to humans than they are to animals. This is one of the main reasons why false alarms aren’t triggered when there is a difference in infrared radiation caused by a flying moth or a bird.
Also, you can make the security camera work smarter for you by telling it what exactly it needs to notify you by setting up the working time and also the motion sensitivity.
What is the maximum number of cameras that can be added to the Reolink app?
There is no limit when it comes to the number of cameras that can be connected. You can add all of your security cameras to the Reolink app and use it with only one device. This is one of the features that make Reolink a smart and a handy choice amongst all its competitors.
Does the Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) support NVR or Synology NAS?
The Roelink Argus Eco does not support NVR or Synology NAS.
What are the working modes and of Reolink Argus Eco 2 Pack?
There are two working modes in a Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack):
- Standby Mode: In the stand- by mode, there is no video recording or live view. At this time, the camera is in power-saving mode.
- Working Mode: In the working mode, the security camera is running at its maximum capacity. The camera is in working mode when there is a motion detected in the PIR sensors or when someone is viewing the live recording through the Reolink app.
What is the status LED of the Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack)?
There are two colors in which the LED light in front of the camera can appear at any given point of time to indicate connectivity to the Wifi-
- Red- indicates that there is no connection to the Wi-Fi.
- Blue- indicates that there is a secure connection to the Wi-Fi.
For an indication of working modes:
- Blinking- If the security camera is in the standby mode, the LED light will blink every 20 seconds.
- ON – If the security camera is in working mode, the LED light will remain on constantly. There won’t be any blinking.
What to do if you cannot power up your Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack)?
If you are unable to power up your Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack), the reason might be-
- The battery isn’t properly installed—To ensure that this is not the case, tear- off the protective film at the back of the security camera and then, ensure that the battery is installed perfectly.
- The battery isn’t fully charged – Charge the battery with an appropriate charger and then, pay attention to whether the LED light on the battery is green or orange. Only insert the battery into the security camera when the LED light turns green.
- The battery isn’t working – In this case, exchange the battery with one that is working and check if the security camera works.
- Also, if there is no LED prompt or voice prompt, the possible conclusion is that the hardware of the battery is faulty. At this moment, you’ll need to contact the customer care of Reolink for help.
How to enable the two- way audio in the Reolink app?
The two-way audio feature of the Reolink Argus Eco enables you to listen to and also talk back to the people outside your door with the help of the Reolink app. The only thing required here is to enable the audio settings so that it is two- way, instead of one.
Here is how you do it—
- Login to your Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) and then, go to “Device Settings.”
- Enable “Record Audio” on the page.
- To enable the audio, click on the speaker icon.
- Further, click “Talk” to enable the interface of two- way audio.
- Tap the microphone icon to talk and then tap it again to disable it.
To exit this two- way audio interface, click on the cancel icon and you will be out of the interface.
What is the alternative for charging the Reolink Argus Eco Camera?
You can use the Reolink Solar Panel to charge your Reolink Argus Eco Camera’s batteries without having to ever worry about low battery and sudden switching off of the camera.
To use the Reolink Solar Panel to charge your camera, connect the Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) to the Reolink Solar Panel using the specific wire that has to be bought separately while purchasing the solar panel. This Solar Panel will ensure that you will have access to power at all times.
How to extend the Reolink Argus Eco 2 Pack to connect with the Reolink Solar Panels?
There is an extension cable available that can be used with your Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) so that it can extend a bit more while connecting with Reolink Solar Panels.
The extension cable is 4.5 meters in length and it is product-specific, meaning you can only use it for Reolink Solar Panels. This will ensure that you can place your Reolink Solar Panels at a place that is highly exposed to sunlight.
Which are the additional accessories specifically designed for its maintenance?
Some accessories are available that are specifically designed to maintain and extend the life of the Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack). To be precise, there are two products—
Rechargeable Battery for Reolink Argus Eco:
You know that the Reolink Argus Eco security camera is a battery-operated one unless it is hooked to a Reolink Solar Panel. Therefore, we know that the battery will drain and it has to eventually be removed from the security camera to be charged. This will only lead to you not having security for a set amount of time, till the battery charges. However, if you purchase these batteries which are rechargeable, they will save you money and also lead to more security. You can simply swap them when the battery is low and then, enjoy full-on security with a full battery.
Reolink Argus Eco Full Skin Suit:
Do you feel that the Reolink Argus Eco looks bizarre against your walls or against the tree that you have strapped it on to? Well, then, you have the option of purchasing a full skin suit that blends in with the color of your walls or camouflages with nature. This will make people not notice it right away. It holds the camera firmly and is rugged and stylish. The skinsuit is made of silicone and it is water-proof and also UV resistant. You can purchase this full skin suit, designed exclusively for Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack), and enjoy the perks.
What is the appearance of the Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack)? What do the different Buttons do?
Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) is a wireless security camera without an antenna.
- It has a daylight sensor on the top which is followed by the lens and then, the status LED.
- All these are surrounded by 6 IR LEDs.
- There is a built-in mic below followed by a PIR motion sensor.
- These are then followed by the speaker and the wall mount. All these are compact and the camera, along with the mount, is just 119 mm in height.
There are no buttons as such on the Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack). There is a slot on the side for a rechargeable battery and also for an SD card.
Reolink Argus Eco 2 Pack Review
The Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) is a security camera that is both efficient and sustainable. It is an all-time solution to your security needs, provided. You do not want to hassle with wires and also want something easy to install and use. All you need to do is to install the Reolink app and link your Argus Eco security camera to the app. With a Starlight night vision, you can use it to monitor your surroundings at night. Even in places where there is dim or no light at all. Another feature that is great about this security camera is that it is certified as being weatherproof which ensures that your security isn’t at risk in any weather condition and that alone is a great stress reliever.
The two- way audio system that is in- built-in Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) helps one to communicate with people at your doorstep even from inside. Unlike many other security cameras, the Reolink Argus Eco has efficient sensors which make the chances of false alarm almost negligible, which otherwise might lead you to have to check for visitors. This feature ensures that you know that regardless of whatever motions are occurring in the surroundings, it will intimate you only if it is someone genuinely at your doorstep.
The camera’s simplicity is what draws people to purchase it and use it for years together. Reolink Argus Eco (2 Pack) is a product that delivers all. It promises to you and more, at an affordable price.