In today’s generation, the importance of security cameras has increased to protect your home and business. These days security cameras are use for crime, theft, and surveillance. Nowadays, many brands of security cameras come in the market. But we will talk about GeoVision. GeoVision is a brand name and its model number is GV-EFER3700. The GeoVision GV-EFER3700 security camera is a wire-free outdoor Ip camera. It has three megapixels 1.24mm fixed iris lens. Which Including a 1 / 2.8 “progressive scan Samos sensor. The video capture in this camera is better.
The biggest benefit of this GeoVision GV-EFER3700 Security camera is that it connects to the wireless network. As such, it connects to the wifi router using the WPS function. By using this camera, it allows you to see the view of every time 360°. Additionally, you can also see 180° view, single view, and squad view. Without installing or update any software GV-EFER3700-W is an efficient way of day and night surveillance. This camera is waterproof and is designed in a strong way. So that it can face the outdoor weather.
The GeoVision GV-EFER3700-W Security Cameras is wireless which works on WiFi technology and IP. this camera help which we are able to view live footage without any wire connection. We can also see these cameras directly on the phone.
Benefits of GeoVision GV-EFER3700 Camera
Using the camera provides a lot of benefits, it prevents theft, crime, moreover It increases surveillance. This camera does more work which gives you benefits. It has some benefits which are mentioned below.
1. High Video Quality
The video quality of the GeoVision GV-EFER3700 Security camera is very high because it has a 4K resolution. The picture and videos are of high quality in resolution 4K. High quality means the picture is HD quality and does not have any pixel of the picture and videos.
2. No wire Quick to Install
The biggest advantage of the GV-EFER3700-W camera is wire-free. With this, there is no requirement for any wired connection in it. In this, you have to turn on the power and it is easy to install, it is installed very quickly.
3. Easy to use
It is very easy to use this camera. You can install the app on your mobile phone. The camera has to be connected by connecting the wifi. You can see it on mobile phones, computers, and laptops.
4. Not difficult to shift the GeoVision camera
Many times when we have to shift the camera, there is a problem with the wired camera. Because that camera needs to be wired, but it does not need any wire. So we can easily shift the wireless camera GeoVision anywhere.
How to install GeoVision GV-EFER3700-W Security Camera
Geovision has an IP camera, it is also called a network camera. This system is made by mixing one or more things. Video quality is very good on this camera.
Read the manual and install the GeoVision GV-EFER3700-W Security Camera. All security cameras come with a manual, in which its features and installation guide are available. You can follow this manual, If you do not want to follow this manual then you can install it with these steps.
- First of all, you must have chosen a place from where your entire house is monitored.
- Then you should keep changing the access of the security camera, the camera has access in it.
- You should not tell the camera’s IP address to anyone.
- Fit your camera on the wall.
- Using the power cable, attach one part to the GeoVision camera, the other part to the power adapter.
- You can attach another power cable to this power cable and attach it to the router.
After that, your installation process will be successfully complete. You can set up the Geovision GV-EFER3700 Security Camera. Thr camera setup process is available now.
Steps to configure the GV-EFER3700 Security Camera
The GeoVision camera is an outdoor fisheye camera, which monitors all the directions of the home. By simply hanging it on the wall, it monitors the entire house, due to this, its video surveillance. It can be easily set up from the app. There are some steps for GeoVision GV-EFER3700 Camera setup which are available below.
- Firstly, download the GeoVision app from the Google play store.
- Open the google play store on your mobile phone and enter the name of the app and install it.
- After installing the app, You have to open the App and create an account.
- At the time of creating an account, you have to fill in the name, last name, username ID, password, country, and more information.
- You have to log in. As soon as you log in, you will have to show the name of the camera, tab on it.
- Then a notification will prompt Connect the device. You have to tab on it.
- Finally, your GeoVision GV-EFER3700 Security Camera set up is complete with a mobile phone.
After configuring it, you can see the view of the house from your mobile phone. Whatever will be happening in the house, all notifications will come on the mobile phone.
GeoVision GV-EFER3700 Security Camera is Not Working
Sometimes the GV-EFER3700 security camera does not work, there are many issues with it, due to which it does not work. This issue is something like this, which you can fix with the security camera.
- First of all, you have to concentrate that the cable is joint properly. You can use cat 5 or cat 3 in an Ethernet cable. If the cable is not fitted properly, then the security camera will not be working at night, and there will be no video and pictures record at night.
- The IP address of each device is unique, if there is another device that uses the same IP address as your camera, then your camera will not work.
- The third issue is this, you have to see the security camera that its connection and power are properly. Users can read manuals and guides that come with the camera. To ensure that your camera is connects properly.
- The camera should be paying attention to while installing the camera, it will not work if you do not install it properly.
- You will also need to check for the latest firmware update. Many manufacturers issue updates to fix problems and confusion.
- Lastly, factory reset to fix the GeoVision security camera.
The process of updating and resetting the security camera is describe in detail below.
How to update the firmware of GeoVision GV-EFER3700 Security Camera
To GeoVision firmware update, you are sure whether your camera is connect to your mobile phone or not. If it is not connect then connects it. There are some steps to update the firmware which are as follows.
- The initial step, Download the Latest camera setup from its official website.
- Open and unzip your mobile phone.
- You have to open the GeoVision app and you will see the camera setup icon on the screen and Tab on it.
- On Tab setup, it will open, the list of cameras will come, choose your camera from the list.
- After selecting the name of your camera, you will see a section of the bottom side firmware update. Have to click on it.
- It will take a few minutes to update, you do not have to turn off your mobile phone at the time of the update.
- After that, successfully update the firmware of the GeoVision GV-EFER3700 camera.
How to reset the GeoVision GV-EFER3700 Security Camera
If your work is not working then you can reset it. By resetting, the video and photo save in your camera will be remove. The process of reset GeoVision GV-EFER3700 Security Camera is simple and every user easily resets it. The security camera is reset in 2 ways, with the reset button and the other by putting the camera’s IP address in the web browser. The reset that is complete with a web browser is that is a soft reset, which is complete with a reset button, called a hard reset.
- Open the web browser on the device.
- In the browser URL bar enter the IP address of the security camera.
- Fill in the username and password in their field.
- Then you have to go to the settings, the reset option is here.
- Click on the reset option, You will have a notification prompt, confirm the reset, you have to click on OK.
- Then your camera will reboot, and after a few seconds, the GeoVision GV-EFER3700 Security camera will reset.
This reset is very easy to do and very quickly done.
- First, locate the reset button in the camera.
- The reset button is on the bottom side of the camera.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10seconds.
- Then the camera will have a light indicator.
- After that, release the reset button.
Now, the GeoVision camera is successfully reset. You can also reset these steps by following them.
How do you forget a password GeoVision GV-EFER3700 Security camera?
If you have forgotten the password of your camera, then you can forget it with the help of the IP address. You have to open the web browser on your device and enter the IP address in the search bar. You will be asked for a username and password, you have to fill in the username and leave the password column. A forgotten password is written with the column of password, click on it. From here forget the password is easily recover.
Can I connect the GeoVision GV-EFER3700 camera directly to my computer?
Yes, the Geovision camera is also directly connect to the computer with the help of a network cable. One part of the network cable is to be connects to the camera and the other part to the computer. Then you have to power ON your computer and see that the camera is connect.
How do I change the IP address of the GV-EFER3700 Security camera?
The security camera’s IP address changes easily. For this, you have to open the web browser and enter the camera’s IP address and enter it. The default username is admin and the password column is blank and clicks OK. Click on the Setup section in the upper menu bar on the screen. Then, go to the network setup and choose a static IP address. You will see 2 fields, one is to enter the old IP address and the other is to enter a new IP address. After that, click the save setting, and the camera Ip address will be change.
Why does the GeoVision camera keep disconnecting from the wifi router?
If your camera is disconnect from the WiFi router, then it may be Signal Weak. You have to check the network environment. And should not keep your camera and router away. Wi-Fi Routers should be place near the camera.