GALAYOU compact and small G7 Indoor camera can be setup using “Wansview Cloud App”. Now, you can download the app from app store or play store or else scan the QR code available in the user manual. To start with the you will simply need to plug the camera to the power using the adapter and the cable given in the box. So, in this article we will learn about GALAYOU G7 Camera Setup, its light status, how to connect to Alexa and Google home, and other important FAQ’s.
Also before we begin the GALAYOU 2K Wi-Fi Camera Setup, make sure you have Good Wi-Fi signal strength at the location where you plug it in. In case, your router is not able to cover the location where you are going to plug this camera, then you can simply install a Wi-Fi extender. Then connect the Wi-Fi extender to the Security Camera.
Moreover, keep the SSID and Password of the router handy as we will need that during camera setup. So, once you plug the camera, the blue light on it will lit. Lets jump on to the other steps now-
GALAYOU G7 Camera Setup Instructions
- So first and foremost download and install the “Wansview Cloud App”, if you haven’t already done that.
- Secondly, you will need to create an account into the app if you already don’t have one. So click on the “Sign up” option on the top right hand side.
- Here, you have the option to sign up using your email, phone number, Google account/Apple ID.
- So, enter your email or phone number, etc to you will receive a verification code on your email or phone respectively. If you can not find the code into your email then check the spam folder or click on Re-send email.
- After successful sign-in we can move on to the next step of Galayou setup.
Adding Galayou G7 Camera to the Wansview App
So, there are two methods to setup this camera. So, lets learn both of them, you can try whichever you want.
- So, we assume the camera is already connected to electrical outlet using the power chord and adapter. Make sure it is near the router in the same room for the setup process.
- Kindly, make sure your phone is connected to the 2.4GHz network of your router. Do not connect to the 5GHz as this camera does not support that.
- Now open the app and on the home page tap on “Add Device” or “+” icon on the top right hand corner of the Wansview App.
- Next, select GALAYOU G7 from the list of available products under GALAYOU tab. In case you are not able to see G7 camera then it is possible you might be looking under Wansview tab, so tap on GALAYOU tab.
- Now, you G7 GALAYOU security camera will start double flashing moment. So, if you see that click on “Yes” or “No” accordingly.
Imp :- In the next window, it will ask you to type the password or passphrase of your router’s 2.4GHz network. Now in case you are connecting this camera to the Wi-Fi extender network then make sure your phone is also connected to the extender’s network name.
- Later, you will need to place the phone’s screen in front of the camera to scan the QR code displayed on the screen. The distance between phone and the camera should be 3-8 inches. You can tap on “Next” once you hear QR code scanning successful.
- As you do that it will take around 1-2 minutes for the GALAYOU camera to save your settings and get connected to the Wi-Fi.
- You can then go ahead and rename the camera in the next step. This will be helpful when you will be using this camera with voice assistant, or when you use multiple cameras.
- And with the next step you will be able to watch the Live view from the camera. So, so you can now check other settings of the camera using the app. Also you can plug it at different location but make sure you have strong Wi-Fi signals there too.
Method 2 (Wi-Fi Connection By Soft AP)
- So first and foremost we will need to plug the G7 camera into the same room or near the router. Use the power chord and adapter to plug it in.
- Secondly, make sure your phone is connected to the 2.4GHz network of your router. So, kindly turn the cellular data off of your phone during the G7 camera setup.
- Now, download and install the Wansview app.
- Open the app next and tap on “Add a device” and then choose “G7” from the list of devices.
- Next, when it asks you to scan the QR code displayed on the app using the camera, select the option which says “Didn’t you hear it”.
- Now, select the option (Wi-Fi connection by soft AP). Next, using your phone’s camera you will need to scan the QR code available on the backside of the G7 GALAYOU camera.
- You will now see a double flashing led light on your camera. Tap “Yes” or “No” accordingly.
- This step is important. Now you will need to press the home button on the app and go to settings than to Wi-Fi. There you will find a network name in the Wi-Fi list as “WVC-XXXXXX”, so tap on it to connect to it.
- Once connected go back to the Wansview App. There it will ask you to select the Wi-Fi network with which you want the camera to get connected. So select the 2.4Ghz desired network and type its password for verification.
- The camera will take around 120 seconds to save your settings. Afterwards you will be able to name you camera too. This is how you can setup and install the GALAYOU security camera.
GALAYOU G7 Indoor Camera Indicator Light Status
Blue Light On – The camera is powered on.
Blue Light is Double – Flashing – Ready for the setup, waiting for the connection.
The Blue light is flashing fast – G7 Camera is connecting to the Wi-Fi.
Blue light flashing slowly – Registering to the server.
Blue light solid – Pairing successful.
The blue light is flashing fast – Reset Galayou G7 camera to factory settings.
How to Reset G7 Galayou Indoor security camera?
In order to reset Galayou G7 Wi-Fi camera, you will first need to plug it into a wall outlet. Now, wait until its blue light gets stable on it. Now, press the reset button present on the side of the unit for around 10-15 seconds. Once you do that, this camera will reset to its factory default settings. You can now follow the above mentioned steps to start the setup again.
Important FAQ of GALAYOU Wi-Fi Camera 2K
- How to share Galayou Wi-Fi Camera with family?
- How to set motion detection on Galayou security G7 camera?
- What are the storage options or Galayou G7?
- How to connect Galayou G7 camera to Alexa?