Foscam HD 1080p Outdoor WiFi Security Camera
Foscam Security camera is a full HD 1080P at 25fps home Wi-Fi camera that is ideal for home and business security surveillance. The camera features a 2 way audio with Alexa voice control and has full HD 1080P resolution @25fps view and ultra-sharp night view that helps you to monitor your baby or families any time even in the dark.
It also has the feature to pan tilt the view to 350° horizontal and 100° vertical and saves up to 8 locations so that you can see more space. Foscam r2c wifi camera allows you to freely record and play the last 7 days motion-triggered recordings on Foscam Cloud Storage. You can also opt for an affordable longer time cloud-storage subscription plan as per your requirement.
The easy to set up camera also has an advanced algorithm that will detect human activity, moving objects or sound (3 Modes), and also send notification alert to your Smartphone, E-mail or FTP. With the pre-installed free-cloud plan activated, you will be able to get the captured movement picture on the App.
How to Setup Foscam Full HD 1080p Wifi IP Camera Through App And Browser?
Before setting up your Foscam r2c Security Camera, it is important that you first begin the setup process by connecting your camera to your internet router with an Ethernet cable. When you successfully finish the setup, you will be able to unplug the cable and log in to your wireless network for Wi-Fi operability.
For a smoother video experience on the Smartphone, your phone must have the following features:
- iOS version 8.1 or higher.
- Android version 4.1 or higher, using a device with a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) function.
Setup Foscam HD 1080p Outdoor Wifi Security Camera Using the App
The following steps are necessary for setting up the Foscam Camera Setup through App:
- Mount the antenna and make sure it is in a vertical upright position.
- Connect the Foscam Camera to your internet router directly using an Ethernet cable.
- Maintain a maximum distance of around 2.5 meters between the camera and the wireless router.
- Connect the power adapter to the camera, and wait for a few minutes until the camera alerts you that the “Wired Connection Succeeded.”
- On your Smartphone, search for “Foscam” through the App Store or Google Play Store. Proceed to download, install, and open the App to begin configuration.
Add the Foscam r2c wifi camera to the App
When the Foscam camera is connected to the local network by an Ethernet cable (same network as for the Smartphone), proceed with the steps below:
- Open the Foscam App and log in to your Foscam cloud account. Then, click on ‘+’ to add a new camera and scan the QR code, located at the bottom of your camera (or at the back sticker of the actual camera).
- If the QR code is not present then select the ‘No QR Code’ at the bottom of the screen. Now, click on LAN, and the App will start to search for the LAN camera connected to the same router to which your Smartphone is connected. When the camera appears on this LAN camera list then select it.
- Next, input the username and password of your camera and click ‘OK’. Now, wait patiently for your camera to be added to the App. Note: If your camera is new or on default settings, it will automatically skip this step.
- Once the Foscam camera has been added successfully to the App, click on the ‘Play’ button to watch live video. If you are accessing the camera for the first time through the App, then you will have to enter the username and password before watching the feed.
To connect your camera over Wi-Fi, once you have added your camera successfully using the wired connection method described above, tap the live camera feed from the ‘My Cameras’ screen. Then click on the ‘Network’ and select the Wi-Fi network you wish to connect to and enter your Wi-Fi password. If your wireless router is dual-band, you will have to connect to the 2.4GHz network; however, most new models have 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels.
Setup Foscam Security Camera Using the Browser
- Verify that the camera and the computer are connected to the same network.
- Download and install the Equipment Search Tool from the official download site: http:www.foscam.com/download-center/software-tools.html (choose for either Windows or macOS).
- Run the downloaded tool on your computer to display any Foscam cameras connected to the network.
- Note the IP Address of the camera that is to be configured.
- Double-clicking on the IP Address displayed on the window will open the default browser.
- If you are manually launching a web browser, then enter the IP Address and the port number for the camera and press ‘Enter’.
- In the login page, enter “admin” as username and a blank password (if for the first time).
- Proceed to configure the r2c wifi camera as desired.
Foscam Security Camera Issues & Resolutions
The following are common issues and resolutions of the Foscam Security Camera:
1. HD 1080p Outdoor Wifi Security Camera not connecting to the wireless router:
Solution: When your camera is not connecting to the router wirelessly, the following troubleshooting may help:
- Confirm that the wireless signal is strong enough for a good connection. To confirm this, ensure that you maintain 2-3 meters (6-9 feet) distance between the camera and the Wi-Fi router during the setup process, and ensure that there is nothing that is interfering with the wireless signal to the camera, such as household appliances or walls.
- Confirm that the frequency band of the wireless router is 2.4 GHz.
- Check if your wireless password has any special characters such as *<>%$, then remove them from the SSID on the wireless router. Update the password information on the camera and attempt to connect to the network again.
- If the above steps didn’t work then reboot the router and the camera.
- Login to the router and verify if the MAC Address filter feature is enabled.
- Update or change the wireless channel and encryption type the wireless router is using on the network.
- Update the firmware of the router and repeat the setup process to the end.
2. Why can’t I connect to Foscam P2P camera remotely using the Foscam App?
Solution: When you see the error message “Failed to connect, please try again”, then do the below needful things.
- Check if the Foscam camera is connected to the internet.
- Verify if the Smartphone is connected to the internet.
- Verify if the P2P feature of the camera is enabled.
- Change the P2P port of the camera if it is blocked by a firewall, the router, or the ISP.
- Check for firmware updates.
- If the above steps fail, send the UID of your camera to firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Foscam HD 1080p Outdoor Wifi Security Camera Review
- I bought the camera to watch my baby at home while at work, it worked great to date. The initial setup of the camera is also very easy, the camera unit small and attractive, and the PTZ features are very handy.
- I like the stable connection of the camera and the clear resolution pictures.
- One thing I loved apart from the quality of the live videos is the easy setup process and the good customer service offered.
- After having experience with at least 10 different types of IP cameras, I would honestly recommend the Foscam camera for any home or business security coverage. It is great!
Foscam security camera is a good surveillance camera widely used to ensure security at homes and office. With the easy setup features, quality pictures, and videos, among other features, it is one of the best IP cameras in the market.