EUFY E CAM Complete Setup, Installation, Resolution
Security refers to the preventive methods used to protect information from being stolen, compromised, or attacked. It is difficult due to the diffused and varied nature of threats and the inability to frame an adequate response in the absence of tangible perpetrators. But when it comes to securing your household using a security camera, there are a lot of options out there. Securing your household has become a necessity nowadays and you will be amazed to know that only 3 out of 10 households have cameras installed in their houses.
Today we are going to review one such remarkable product Eufy E CAM by Eufy cam, which can provide you with great security features for your household.
EufyCam E is a wireless home security camera that comes with 365-day battery life. It records video in 1080p HD, it is IP65 weatherproof, night vision enabled, compatible with Amazon Alexa and no monthly fee or any subscription needed for storage. With easy installation and full HD surveillance features, it is just the right product you need.
Eufy e camera Features
- 365-day battery life- Battery-powered cameras have their pros and cons. One of the cons is you have to recharge them on a regular basis. But Eufy Cam provides you with a 365-day battery life that means you just set it up and forget it for a year.
- Full HD Surveillance- With 1080p HD, it ensures that videos are recorded in crystal clear quality all the time.
- IP65 weatherproof- Constructed from cutting-edge ASA composite material, it works perfectly fine in rain, or scorching summers (50°C) and freezing winter (-20°C).
- Easy Security Application- It is compatible with both iOS and Android devices. You can use your smartphone for high-resolution real-time streaming and you can even warn the trespassers.
- Facial Recognition- This camera sends alerts triggered by unrecognized human faces. The facial recognition system works on a deep neural network algorithm and creates a database of faces. It alerts you when a stranger knocks on the door. Also, it alerts you according to your preferences.
- Night Vision Enabled- Embedded with an excellent Sony Exmor sensor, combined with a large f2.2 aperture, it provides low light footage in the dark.
2-way audio- it has a built-in microphone and speaker that provides you with direct communication via your smartphone. Whether you are at home or out, you can speak directly to whoever comes to your house.
- Excellent Optics- The range of the camera is just awesome. It has a wide-angle lens of 140 and provides you with a panoramic view of your household.
- Anti-Theft Alarm- If someone even tries to forcibly remove the camera, the 100-decibel siren with the volume of jackhammer starts ringing. This is possible due to an accelerometer sensor embedded in the camera which is always active.
- 2-way mounting- Eufy Cameras comes with 2 types of mounts. One is temporary which is a magnetic indoor mount and the other is permanent that is an outdoor mount.
- Privacy- The recorded videos are stored locally in the SD card but can be accessed anytime, anywhere via a secure 256-bit encryption connection.
Eufy E Camera Homekit
The Eufy E Camera comes up with the following items:
- 2 eufyCam E cameras
- Home base station
- Outdoor mounts
- 2 Indoor mounts
- Power adapter for home base station
- USB cable for charging camera
- Ethernet cable for connecting the home base station to the router
- packs of screws and screw anchor
Eufycam E Setup
The setup of Eufy Camera E is as easy as it can get.
- Drill a pair of holes.
- Screw the magnetic mount or permanent mount in the holes.
- Attach the camera in whatever location you want.
- The Eufy Camera E comes with a home base station which you have to place at a location from where it’s easy for every Eufy Camera E to get connected to it easily.
- After successfully placing the home base station, also plug it in the power cable and connect your router with the home base station using the ethernet cable.
- And the eufy e camera setup is done.
Tips for mounting:
- Mount between 7–10 ft height.
- Don’t mount near surfaces like walls and glass that reflect backlight at the cameras.
- Do not place them behind glass.
- Mount them under the shade and not in direct sunlight.
- Check Wi-Fi signal strength in the mounting guide section of the application. You must have an excellent signal strength at the location of the mount.
Eufycam e Installation
- Download and Install the Eufy Security Camera Application on your mobile phone.
- Signup with your login id and password. You can also add other members of your house to whom you want to share your surveillance and its data. Just ask other members to download and install the application and signup with their login id and password. You can invite a maximum of only three other people to share the information with.
- The application will automatically start searching for the Eufy home base nearby. Click on Add base station to connect your mobile application with the base station. It may take up to a minute to boot up. Wait until the LED light turns from RED to WHITE.
- Switch on the charged eufy camera which also automatically connects to your home base.
- Sync your cameras in the mobile phone application via sync option.
The mobile application also provides you with all the features it can perform like using a microphone, motion detection etc.
Updating Home Base Software on Eufy Cam e
- When the user installs the home base and connects it to the wireless router, the eufy security application will run the latest software version check automatically and if the latest version is not installed, it will automatically install it.
- The mobile applications always check for the software update and if available, the application will alert you to install the update by just clicking on update software/firmware.
It’s just that easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What other features does this camera support?
Ans: Integration with Alexa Echo: You can live stream eufyCam E footage on Echo Show, Echo Spot, and other Alexa-compatible display devices.
Up to what range does motion detector works?
Ans: The sensor can detect objects moving as far as 25-30 ft away depending upon the height of the mount and angle of the camera.
Can I use my own router to connect with eufy cam?
Ans: No, we can pair them only using eufy home base station.
Is this device compatible with Google products?
Ans: Yes, it does.
Why does the home base fail to install?
Ans: Connect your mobile phone and home base to the same wireless router.
Why the camera night vision is not working properly?
Ans: If there are any obstacles like wall or glass near the camera lens, it will also reflect infrared radiations to the lens which disrupts the night vision capability of the camera.
Why does eufy e camera stop recording sometimes?
Ans: The camera works on an AI based technology in which if a human is not moved in the sensor zone for some time, then it will stop recording. The moment a person enters the sensor zone and a movement is witnessed, the camera sensor will automatically wake up and start recording. Make sure there are no obstacles or materials placed in front of the camera lens.
Why do I receive so many false alarms?
Ans: It is so because of the sensitivity feature. The sensitivity must be set too high due to which excessive false alarms are witnessed. You can use the Test Mode in Motion Detection feature to set the right sensitivity for the camera.
Does the system support geofencing?
Ans: No, it does not support geofencing.
Eufy cam e Review
- Easy installation.
- 100% wire-free.
- Facial recognition using Deep Neural Network-based algorithms.
- No monthly subscription fees for cloud-based storage.
- Supports local storage of 16 GB SD card which is expandable to 128 GB that ensures recording for a year’s time.
- One-year battery life that is you don’t have to recharge them again and again in 30-35 days like other cameras.
- Military-grade security
- It sends you notifications according to your preference.
- Works on hybrid wave communication and uses low-frequency wireless spectrum on standby, to ensure minimum power consumption and a strong and secure connection when active.
- The facial recognition feature does not work properly sometimes.
- Video Detection time delay
- The delay in the live feed and live 2-way audio sometimes
- Excessive false alarms
Bottom line: Comparing it with other products in this range, this security camera also provides you with more security features and the best one to buy in this range.