WeA 16GBEufy Cam 2 Features, Setup, Installation & Troubleshooting
Eufy Cam 2 is a wireless home security camera that communicates with its base station. The base station has 16gb of non-expandable storage capacity where it stores the footage locally. Eufy 2 camera has a separate motion detector sensor installed in the camera which makes the motion detection fast and easy. It comes with a built-in battery with a life of 365 days in one charge. Eufy cam 2 comes with Sony Starvis sensor for enhanced low light recordings.
EufyCam 2 Features
- 365-day battery life- Battery-powered cameras have their pros and cons. One of the cons is you have to recharge them on a regular basis. But Eufy Cam provides you with a 365-day battery life that means you just set it up and forget it for a year. Since the battery is built-in, so to recharge it again you have to put down the camera and recharge it using a USB cable.
- Full HD Surveillance- With 1080p HD, it ensures that videos are recorded and streamed in crystal clear quality all the time. You can see what is really going in and around your house.
- Smart Image Enhancement- The built-in AI technology focusses on the human faces and captures them with enhanced quality.
- IP67 weatherproof- Constructed from cutting-edge ASA composite material, it works perfectly fine in rain, or scorching summers (50°C) and freezing winter (-20°C). It is resistant to water for depth up to 1 meter.
- Activity Zones- You can even customize the area in the footage for which you want alerts for.
- Smart Integration- eufy cam 2 is compatible with Google Home Assistant, Apple Home Kit, and Amazon Alexa.
- Easy Security Application- It is compatible with both iOS and Android devices. You can use your smartphone for high-resolution real-time streaming and you can even warn the trespassers.
- Night Vision Enabled- Embedded with an excellent Sony Starvis sensor, combined with a large f2.2 aperture, it provides low light footage in the dark.
- Excellent Optics- The range of the eufy 2 camera is just awesome. It has a wide-angle lens of 140° and provides you with a panoramic view of your household.
- Anti-Theft Alarm- If someone even tries to forcibly remove the eufy camera, the 100-decibel siren with the volume of jackhammer starts ringing. This is possible due to an accelerometer sensor embedded in the camera which is always active.
- Repeater Mode- The home base station works as a Wi-Fi repeater which boosts signal to the camera and enhances your Wi-Fi coverage area.
- 2-way mounting- Eufy Camera comes with 2 types of mounts. One is temporary which is a magnetic indoor mount and the other is permanent that is an outdoor mount.
- Privacy- The recorded videos are stored locally in the SD card but can be accessed anytime, anywhere via a secure 256-bit encryption connection.
Facial Recognition- This eufy 2 camera sends alerts triggered by unrecognized human faces. The facial recognition system is a category of biometric software that maps an individual’s facial features mathematically and stores the data as a faceprint. It uses a deep learning algorithm to compare a live capture or digital image to the stored faceprint in order to verify an individual’s identity. So, it alerts you when a stranger knocks on the door. Also, it alerts you according to your preferences.
Eufy 2 Wireless Home Security Camera Homekit
The Eufy Camera E comes up following items:
- 2 eufy Cam 2 cameras
- 1 Home base station
- 2 Outdoor mounts
- 2 Indoor mounts
- Power adapter for home base station
- USB cable for charging camera
- 1 Ethernet cable for connecting the home base station to the router
- 2 packs of screws and screw anchor
EufyCam 2 Setup
The setup of Eufy Cam 2 is as easy as it can get.
- Drill a pair of holes.
- Screw the magnetic mount or permanent mount in the holes.
- Attach the camera in whatever location you want.
- The Eufy Cam 2 comes with a home base station which you have to place at a location from where it’s easy for every Eufy Cam 2 to get connected to it easily.
- After successfully placing the home base station, plug it in the power cable and connect your Wi-Fi router with the home base station using the ethernet cable.
- And the Eufy cam 2 setup is done.
Tips for Eufycam 2 Mounting:
- You can use a smart mounting feature on eufy security mobile application to guide you through the mounting process.
- Mount between 7–10 ft height.
- Don’t mount near surfaces like walls and glass that reflect backlight at the cameras.
- Do not place them behind glass.
- Mount them under a shade and not in direct sunlight.
- Check Wi-Fi signal strength in the mounting guide section of the application. You must have an excellent signal strength at the location of the mount.
EufyCam 2 Installation
- Download and Install the Eufy Security Camera Application on your mobile phone.
- Signup with your login id and password. You can also add other members of your house to whom you want to share your surveillance and its data. Just ask other members to download and install the application and signup with their login id and password. You can invite a maximum of only three other people to share the information with.
- The application will automatically start searching for the Eufy home base nearby. If the home base station is not found on the mobile application then, scan the QR code on the bottom of the home base station through the application. Click on Add base station to connect your mobile application with the base station. It may take up to a minute to boot up. Wait until the LED light turns from RED to WHITE.
- Switch on the charged eufy cameras which will automatically get connected to your home base.
- Sync your cameras in the mobile phone application via sync option.
- The above application can also be performed to connect with Apple Home Kit.
- To connect Eufy 2 camera to Amazon Alexa, first make sure that your cameras are working properly on the eufy security application. In the Alexa application search for ‘Eufy Security’ skill and then enable the skill to link your eufy security account with Alexa account. You can try out some commands now.
You can follow the same steps to connect to Google Assistant.
Features of Eufy Security Mobile Application
This eufy security mobile application is going to help you with the rest of the things. All the features of eufy cam 2 can be operated using this mobile application.
It has a straight forward interface that makes it easy to use and operate.
- On the home screen it shows all the connected cameras to your base station and clicking on the camera shows its live feed.
- The three-line icon on the top corner opens up a different set of features like saved video clips, turning on or off night vision, accessing the camera settings, etc.
- The application also provides you with a feature of scheduling that is when you want the camera to record and when not, saving your battery life.
- The geofencing feature helps you to activate the mode of your choice when you are away from home. It uses your mobile GPS to perform this task.
- In the default home or away mode, the camera will detect, record, and push notifications to your phone and along with that it will sound alarmed and scare away the intruder.
Updating Home Base Software
- When the user installs the home base and connects it to the wireless router, the eufy security application will run the latest software version check automatically and if the latest version is not installed, it will automatically install it.
- The mobile applications always check for the software update and if available, the application will alert you to install the update by just clicking on update software/firmware.
It’s just that easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Up to what range does Eufycam 2 motion detector works?
Ans: The sensor can detect objects moving as far as 25-30 ft away depending upon the height of the mount and angle of the camera.
Can I use my own router to connect with eufy cam 2?
Ans: No, we can pair them only using eufy home base station.
How many cameras can I connect to a single home base station and can I use multiple base stations at my home?
Ans: You can connect 16 cameras to a single base station and yes you can use multiple home base stations in your house which can be operated through a single eufy security account.
Why does home base fail to install?
Ans: Make sure you connect your mobile phone and home base to the same wireless router.
Why the eufy 2 camera night vision is not working properly?
Ans: If there are any obstacles like wall or glass near the camera lens, it will reflect infrared radiations to the lens which disrupts the night vision capability of the camera.
Why does it stop recording sometimes?
Ans: The camera works on an AI based technology in which if a human is not moved in the sensor zone for some time, then it will stop recording. The moment a person enters the sensor zone and a movement is witnessed, the camera sensor will automatically wake up and start recording. Make sure there are no obstacles or materials placed in front of a camera lens. You can also customize in the application what and when to record and when not.
Why do I receive so many false alarms?
Ans: It is so because of the sensitivity feature. The sensitivity must be set too high due to which excessive false alarms are witnessed. You can use the Test Mode in Motion Detection feature to set the right sensitivity for the camera.
Does the system support geofencing?
Ans: Yes, eufy cam 2 supports geofencing.
EufyCam 2 Reviews
- Easy installation.
- 100% wire-free.
- Facial recognition using Deep Neural Network-based algorithms.
- No monthly subscription fees for cloud-based storage.
- A 16GB local storage for Recording.
- One-year battery life that is you doesn’t have to recharge them again and again in 30-35 days like other cameras.
- Military-grade security
- It sends you notifications according to your preference that is you can customize your activity zones.
- We Can customize it for all types of motion detection or only for a human movement as well in the surveillance area.
- Works on hybrid wave communication and uses low-frequency wireless spectrum on standby, to ensure minimum power consumption and a strong and secure connection when active.
- The facial recognition feature does not work properly sometimes.
- Video Detection time delay
- The delay in the live feed and live 2-way audio sometimes
- Excessive false alarms
- It is a little expensive comparing with some other cameras with these features.
Bottom line: Compatible with Apple Home Kit, Alexa, and Google Assistant, it is a great product to buy in this range mainly because of its battery life and subscription-free storage.