Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Camera Indoor Pan/Tilt Security Wireless IP Camera IP2M-841B (Black)
Amcrest WiFi Security Camera is one of the most demanding devices for indoor security nowadays. It achieves real-time HD pictures at a resolution of 30fps across an extra-wide 90° angle. Its equipped with CMOS image sensor and Ambarella S2LM chipset. Cutting-edge night vision technology allows you to get a crystal clear picture even when it’s dark. It is built up of 12 IR LEDs that transmit high-frequency infrared rays which are not perceptible by human eyes. This half-pound light-weight camera can capture crystal-clear night vision up to 32 feet using these inbuilt IR LEDs and CMOS 1/2.7” 2MP image sensor owing to its low-light capability and cutting-edge infrared night vision technology.
A two-way audio system is also enabled here. Suppose you are not present at the location and someone visited the place. At this point of time, only vision monitoring may not be sufficient. You may like to speak with the visitor. This camera allows you to have an interactive two-way conversation implementing the noise-cancellation algorithm. You just need headphones with a mic so it doesn’t echo on the other end.
Features of Amcrest ProHD 1080P
Amcrest ProHD 1080P is not like some other security cameras in the market which just notify you of the happenings at a later time. Instead, it detects any real-time unusual event and pushes notifications to your smartphone. Open the app, select an event from the Event List, and play the recording or check out the snaps.
It has an additional feature of Amcrest Cloud for remote storage of recordings and pictures. Besides, you can insert a microSD card expandable up to 256 GB. Also, you can use an FTP server, a NAS, onto your local computer, or to any Amcrest NVR to have full control over data management. You can view live at free of cost. But for long-term storage, you need to purchase duration-based plans starting at $6 per month.
Amcrest IP Camera IP2M-841B is compatible with all web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari for live-view, playback, and push notifications. In smartphones, you can access the recordings through Amcrest View Pro APP and AmcrestCloud apps for iOS and Android.
Unlike other cameras, here you need not worry about data security as this comes with a secure SSL/HTTPS connection, wireless AES/WPA2 encryption, FCC, and UL camera certificate. It works best at 2.4 GHz and does not support 5 GHz bandwidth. The Amcrest ProHD camera’s intuitive searchable timeline helps to identify which snap/recording you exactly need to watch based on timing/situation which in turn saves time. These recordings are also mostly used as legal proof or to catch hold the culprit.
By means of advanced zone detection functionality, this Amcrest camera captures only those moments which need to be recorded. You can customize the sensitivity of each corner of your house and based on that, Amcrest will take care of what and when to capture. You can get an overall view with fluid 360° Pan & 90° Tilt. It offers more like a real-life 3D-feeling.
SETUP Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Camera 1920TVL WITH WIFI
Amcrest ProHD 1080P plug and play design make it very easy for even a naive in technology domain to set it up at home. Just go through the following steps for Amcrest camera setup.
- Simply plug it into a stable source of electricity. Switch it on.
- Download the app compatible with this camera in the device of your choice.
- This camera has a QR code on its bottom side.
- Scan this QR code with a mobile where you installed the Amcrest View app. It works with both iOS and Android.
Now onwards you can visit your home remotely through live videos. And your home remote security is just at the tip of your finger.
Install the Amcrest Wireless IP Camera IP2M-841B
- Choose a surface near a power source to place the camera. Make sure that it can support at least 3 times the weight of the camera.
- Loosen the knob by holding the arm and turning the bracket anticlockwise.
- Keep the bracket on the mounting surface and also mark the screw holes with a pen/pencil.
- Drill the marked holes and insert the wall anchors.
- Mark the holes of the mountain bracket with wall anchors and also put in the screws to secure the mounting bracket.
How can I configure camera mapping?
By means of camera mapping, you can add markings on the image that can connect to the positioning of a device on a topical map. Go through these steps carefully to execute it:
- Add a topical image of a particular area where cameras are placed. Also confirm that the image is there in the gallery section of your mobile.
- Tap the main menu in the Amcrest View Pro app.
- Tap on Camera and press the “+” icon.
- Choose the topical image map from your phone gallery and also import it to the camera mapping interface.
- Tap on the pinpointing icon and drag it with your finger to the required location.
- Save these changes and add a name for the location. Press OK and exit.
You can repeat the above steps if there is more than one device in the area.
How do I configure to toggle the night vision?
In the Amcrest View Pro App, look for a crescent-shaped icon. Tap on it to toggle the night vision on or off.
In web UI, you can choose “Night Vision” from Configuration to toggle it. Now choose the profile as per your requirement. Also, you get SmartIR to set the camera’s IR lights based on day/night brightness. In the profile section, choose the mode you like to set to. Later on, you can reset to the default setting if you like. Save these changes and exit the UI.
How can I turn off the indicator light so that it remains undetected in the dark?
Open the web UI and carry out the following steps:
- Setup -> Camera -> Configuration -> Indicator Light
- There are three options, viz. Day, Night, and Normal.
- From this drop-down menu, choose whether you want to turn on or off the indicator light.
- Save the changes and you are done.
How to find the serial number of the Amcrest ProHD 1080P camera?
A serial number can be retrieved in any of the following ways:
- The serial number is attached to either side of the device as a tag. It will be written to the right side of the MODEL.
- It has a QR code, scan that to access the serial number.
- Download the Amcrest IP Config tool or use the web version of this free app. It will also scan your network and locate the Amcrest device and display its details including the serial number.
How can I adjust the audio settings of the Amcrest ProHD camera?
From the web UI or the app, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Navigate to Setup>>Camera>>Audio.
- Also enable audio recording and select the format in which you want the audio recording to carry on.
- Choose the sampling frequency as 8k or 16k based on the quality you like.
- Usually, the built-in mic is the “Audio in Device”. You can select the audio source of your choice.
- Use the slider to adjust the volume ranging from 0 to 100 while by default its set to 50.
- Save the changes.
How can I factory reset the IP Camera IP2M-841B settings?
First, reset through the web UI of the camera from your computer/laptop. Now press and hold the factory reset button for at least 20 seconds till the indicator light turns green to red. This button can be found on its backside. Once the light turns green again, the factory reset is done and all data is supposed to be erased.
Q1. Is it an indoor/outdoor camera?
This is particularly for indoor purpose but you can place it in your window shades to keep an eye on your backyard. Amcrest ProHD offers a handful of good cameras meant for outdoor security.
Q2. I am not aware of the technology. Will I get the installation done post-purchase?
The installation of Amcrest cameras is too easy to be done by anyone even if he is not tech-savvy. You need a stable power supply and good WiFi. That’s all.
Q3. Where can I get it at a discount?
Each penny you also spend behind this product is fully worth it. It’s already available at a competitive price.
Q4. Is there any delay in the image capturing?
The PTZ functioning is smooth and fast with minimal network latency. It can be set up with both WiFi and wired connection. Integrate with Blue Iris on Amcrest App to get hold of the camera working.
Q5. How much I need to pay to store the recordings?
If you want to store in MicroSD card or local FTP server, storage is at your expense. It’s not mandatory to purchase its cloud storage. if you wish you also subscribe to plans starting at $6/month.
Q6. Is my data safe with this camera?
Amcrest ProHD 1080P supports secure SSL/HTTPS connection with wireless AES/WPA2 encryption and UL camera certificate. There is no point to worry about data.
Q7. How much clarity can I expect for farsighted images?
Picture quality is pretty decent within 10-15 meters but posts this distance, it degrades. Moreover, you can try zoom-out though that blurs the image gradually. But at $59 the present quality is fair enough compared to other cameras of the same flock.
Q8. Can I carry it while traveling?
Oh yes! This camera weighs 0.6 pounds. So it’s highly portable.
Q9. If my camera stops working, whom should I get in touch with?
Amcrest ProHD 1080P is a customer-centric company that values each customer’s time. Initially, you can also refer to any of the Amcrest videos on YouTube or their community to resolve it yourself. Else as soon as you contact their customer care, one of the executives will come to your rescue and get your camera start working properly at the earliest over the phone.
Q10. Does it make false alarms?
No, compared to other cameras, Amcrest cameras are way better in this sphere. By implementing intelligent motion detection features, They reduce the frequency of false alarms.
Q11. If I don’t like it, how does the return policy work?
There is a 30-day money-back guarantee and your product is covered under replacement warranty for a year.
Q12. What’s the power expenses if I keep it switched on all the time?
Compared to traditional security cameras that use PoE for power, this runs on an external power adapter – a simple 5V/2amp USB cube. It can also work even on solar power.
Q13. How to maintain or take care of it?
Its smooth velvet finish makes it less prone to dust and smudge.
Q14. What OS is required in a smartphone or device which is used to operate the camera?
You can install the Amcrest-cloud app for full control over the camera. But other apps like view and view-pro do not work on the latest versions of macOS Mojave a because the latter forbids plugins also required to be installed for remote supervision.
Q15. How can I disable anonymous login credentials for further safety?
In the web UI, select “Manage Users” from the settings. Uncheck the checkbox beside the anonymous login to disable it.